Thursday, February 24, 2011

A Wonder Woman for me

     Hi gang! Duane here, I get to 'blog' for the first time as well.  For those of you who know me, you know that I like to write stories of adventure, humor, with maybe a little bit of  a heart tug.  Writing a blog, which is my beloved wife's idea, is not exactly my 'thing'.  Just look at my facebook page to see when the last time I logged on and updated was!  However, I do need to say a few things about this woman to whom I am married and to whom I am grateful to my God and beloved Saviour, as He is the one who gave such a woman as this to me.

     She really doesn't realize how much of a blessing she is to me.  I know that she is proud of me and loves me as it shows in her writings about me.  But here is the thing: I just drive a truck to make make a living, pay our bills, and have a house in which to stay warm in.  She has all of the responsibility.  She works on the budget, keeps the house clean, organizes the house, is the director of a VERY busy chapter of CEF, baby sits this big kid when he comes home from work at the end of the week, and is my best friend and beloved wife. I wouldn't have her job for anything!  What a heavy load of responsibility!!

     So, while I spend my time sitting behind a steering wheel, listening to pod casts of  John McArthur and R.C. Sproul on my iPod, I pray for her. i.e.: her health, sanity, her wisdom, organizational skills, heart attitude, life attitude, and for patience to put up with a grouchy old curmudgeon like me.  I still look at her in amazement and wonder what she ever saw in me.  My running joke with my friends is still, "She has great taste in men ... just not the best eye sight!"  I love this woman, with all that I am.  She is my 'Wonder Woman' and I am so proud to call her my wife and best friend.

     "Lord, please bless the woman you have blessed me with.  Please let her know how much she means to me and how much I love her, her heart, spirit, and beauty--both inside and outside.  Help me to be the man you want me to be so I can be the man she needs me to be.  And may You receive all of the glory, praise and honor."

No comments:

Post a Comment